As a Baby Boomer client, your Retirement Income Planning will address all of the following questions that apply to you, as well as any other areas unique to your situation. The process will inform you of the right information necessary to assist you in making sound, discerning decisions in all areas that are important for you and your family.
You may be asking yourself some of these questions:
- Should I work a few more years?
- Will I outlive my money or will my money outlive me?
- Should I enter into a phased or full-time retirement?
- What will I do with my new found time?
- How can I arrange my retirement assets to support my retirement years?
- What is the appropriate asset allocation for my income needs?
- If I have different types of accounts, such as a 401K, a Roth IRA, a Non-IRA; which accounts should I withdraw funds from first? Which makes the most sense from an income tax perspective?
- What types of investments are most appropriate in each of my accounts from an income tax perspective?
- Can Roth IRA Conversions benefit me during my retirement? If so, how?
- Are there additional ways to minimize income taxes during retirement?
- What Social Security Claiming Strategy makes the most sense for my income needs?
- What do I need to know about Medicare?
- What Estate Documents do I need? Are my current documents adequate?
- Do I need to continue my current life insurance?
- Are the beneficiaries of my retirement accounts reflective of my desires?
- What happens if I get sick and cannot take care of myself?
- How can I continue to assist in helping my children, if desired?
- What if I want to sell my home and move to a different residence or state? How will that impact my retirement?